Friday, November 21, 2014

Alcohol Marbling Card

Hello ladies!  I fought with this technique, as cool as it looks!  Before I go any further here is the tutorial for the alcohol marbling technique. 

When I followed the directions it seemed as if the first color that I used dried very fast and I was left with just bits of color on my marbled glossy paper.  You can really notice it on the second image I posted.  If you look you will see just bits of the Olive color and it definitely was NOT the look for which I was striving.  LOL!  In the last image I opted to fix a sample I didn't like by coloring with only one color (darkest neutral) and quickly spraying with the rubbing alcohol.  It seemed to really work well.

Update:  Club went well and one lady discovered that she could blend the colors with her finger after she spritzed the alcohol.  You could use another baggie, rubber glove or bit of plastic wrap to blend the colors and reactivate the "oldest" color.  The Dollar store has 50% rubbing alcohol and I definitely recommend going for the higher concentrate.  

I intend to swing by a drugstore to pick up another rubbing alcohol because mine was only 50% whereas the tutorial shows 70%.  I don't know if it will help but I will definitely be demonstrating to my ladies to layer one color at a time, starting with the lightest color.  You don't even want to know how much time I spent on this one card!  LOL!

Happy stamping!
Stef

Stamps:
Sassy Salutations

Inks:
Memento
Alcohol markers in Cherry Cobbler, Neutrals, and Night of Navy (darkest of each three set)

Colors:
Whisper White
Night of Navy

Supplies:
Big Shot
Northern Flurries embossing folder
Dimensionals
Ziplock bag
Rubbing alcohol, 70% if possible
Removable tape
Glossy paper
Spray bottle for alcohol

No comments:

Post a Comment