Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Floral card post from Julie






Stampin' Up papers, inks, embossing folder, embossing powder, and stamp set (from Sale-a-bration).
There is a good argument for making multiples of cards when you are stamping; it is just such an efficient use of time and creative energy.  Too bad I find it incredibly boring to make the same thing over and over.
So, I thought about how I could be efficient with my time and not offend my sense of wanting to create original cards to stave off said boredom. Here are some thoughts.  Warning....most are VERY obvious suggestions.  I am sure that you have or could have thought of all of them yourself and perhaps a dozen more.  I am just in a chatty mood today so I thought that I would write them down.
     Change ink color.
     Change embossing powder color.
     Change color of card stock.
     Change out the sentiment.
     Use an embossing folder to add detail to the base card.
     Actually use your scoring board to emboss those nifty lines on your base. (I personally have had the diagonal board insert for YEARS, and this is the first time that I have used it....go, me!)
     Use a stitched, pierced, or shaped die to add detail to your panel.
     Use a corner punch to add detail to the panel.
     Add dimensionals or foam tape to raise the panel.
     Change the orientation of the card. (Portrait to landscape or vice versa)
None of these things require a complete redesign of your project, so it is still efficient, right?

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment