Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Uncle Sam Punch Art card

Howdy!  For my monthly swap I wanted to do something patriotic because it was Memorial Day yesterday.  Also, one of the theme options was Fourth of July...lol!  He was super easy to create.  I combined several cards that I found online to come up with this fun one.  I borrowed Dawn O's Uncle Sam and Connie B's layout...voila!  (-:  My creative juices were "rusty" so this project gave me a jump start.

For the hat I punched out a Cherry Cobbler square and a white one.  I trimmed a few "slices" off of the cherry square and adhered them to the white one.  A Midnight Muse Word Window punch completes the hat for the brim.

I put a 1 1/4" circle (sponged first) on top of the white scallop circle.  A small circle from the punch pack works well for the nose (sponged first).  I used a Black marker to draw the eyes and mouth.



Punches:  Scallop Edge, 1 ¼” square, 1 ¼” circle, punch pack circle, 2 ½” circle, Word Window, Scallop circle
Accessories:  Sponges, Snail, Bone folder, Cherry Cobbler ribbon, Dimensionals, Square Lattice folder, Big Shot
Colors:  Midnight Muse (new), Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette and Bashful Blue

Happy Stamping!
Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment