Monday, February 24, 2014

Sale-a-bration 2014 Banner Blast Technique Card

I saw this layout online and CASED it but added a twist to the background (check out my Pinterest board to see if you can figure out which card it was).  I had my heart set on doing the Cracked Glass technique and it turned out nicely...the first time!  Gasp!  I will do a few things differently:
  1. Note to self...use painters tape unless I really want to tear my cardstock.
  2. Keep most of the "cracking" in the top third of the card where it won't be hidden.
Want some tips?

Add torn tape across cardstock and then stamp some cool stamps on top.  I used Gorgeous Grunge and En Francais


Before you remove the tape be sure to sponge heavily on the edges of the tape to accentuate the cracking.  I removed the tape and sponged again.

If you notice, I use my pointy scissors to "cut" off the pearls and then add them to the flowers.

Happy stamping!
Stef

Stamps:
Banner Blast (FREE with a $50 order)
Gorgeous Grunge
En Francais
You're Lovely (FREE with a $50 order)

Colors:
Crumb Cake
Early Espresso
Marina Mist

Supplies:
Sponges
Big Shot
Deco Labels framelits
Jewels-pearls
Bakers String-Early Espresso
Embossing folder- Square Lattice
Dimensionals
Punch-Banner Blast (FREE with a $50 order)
Punch-Circle punch 1 3/4"
Tape-Painters Tape or Masking Tape



No comments:

Post a Comment