Thursday, January 26, 2017

Club Project #2 Sending Love card

Hello Ladies!  This was a fun project and I modified the card I saw on splitcoaststampers here

For my next card I think that I will trim down the fun foam just a wee bit because you can see a peek of the foam color underneath the frame.  Also, if you can find the fun foam that is peel and stick it will save you a step. 

Update on 1/27/17:  I am posting instructions and a link to the video tutorial that I watched.   When I get a few minutes I will try to update the instructions with photos for my visual friends.
Click here for the video.
 
Happy stamping!
Stef

Stamps:  Sending Love

Colors:  Blushing Bride, Real Red, and Whisper White

Supplies:
Big Shot
Framielit dies, Layering squares
Fun Foam (Walmart or Hobby Lobby)
Dimensionals
Metallic ribbon (free in the Sale-a-bration catalog with a $50 purchase
Sending Love DSP
Punch, Decorative Label and 1 3/4" circle
Embellishments, paper clips, metallic sequins, and red glitter
Window sheets

Instructions:
  1. Use washi tape (or painters tape) to "join" two layering squares together in the Big Shot.   With both squares "joined" cut out the card front being careful to center for a nice opening.
  2. While your squares are still "joined" cut out the fun foam and Blushing Bride frames.  Some of my ladies used the Card front frame instead of the Blushing Bride frame...looked even better!
  3. Attach sticky strip to the foam frame and then trim a bit off of the foam/tape frame.  The foam seems to stretch when it is cut out and this will keep edges from peeking out and make sure that your sticky strip is not too wide. Be sure to cover all of the frame with adhesive or it will "leak".
  4. Adhere the card front to the card and stamp a sentiment in the "hole".  For my card demo I had attached a bit of DSP in the hole but it kept my goodies from shaking nicely; I would recommend not layering in the "hole".
  5. Adhere your fun foam frame inside of the "hole" over your sentiment.
  6. Put your shaker goodies inside of the "hole".
  7. Remove the interior square from the joined squares and cut out a window sheet the size of the largest square.  You might need to trim a wee bit off of the edges.
  8. Use lots of sticky strip on the foam frame to seal the goodies and then adhere the window sheet.
  9. Adhere the Blushing Bride or DSP frame on top to hide the foam frame.
  10. Embellish and stamp your card.

No comments:

Post a Comment