Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Birthday Card

I have a certain level of paranoia about spelling the word "birthday".  For our birthdays my mom would bake a sheet cake and decorate the top of it with those tubes of pre-made icing and the little plastic tips that would just thread on to the top.  Well, one time she wrote "Happy Birtday" and another "Happy Bithday".  Good natured teasing followed, but now we all have to check to make sure that it is written correctly.  All those consonents in a row can trip anybody up.  And I am somewhat prone to neuroses anyway.  Ask people who have met me...even comparative strangers...

The only thing this poor card did to deserve this story is to be a birthday card.  Seriously though, with a change of sentiment, it would make a great sympathy, get well, or thinking of you card.  Like most of my best card ideas, it was cased.  (This time from the very talented Ann Schach; she does such beautiful work.)  It showcases my new favorite set, Serene Silhouettes, and the Argyle embossing folder.



I liked the layout (and the set) so much that I decided to try it with bright colors and rhinestones.  It's not nearly as elegant, but it is cute.  I also gave the new chevron folder a test run through the Big Shot.





Until next time...........Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment