Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sandcastle card (summer punch art)



I can't take the credit for this card...I CASED it off of Dawn O's site.  (-:  This is the card I will be sending in my monthly demo swap.  Below I have a little tutorial in case you fall in love with the card like I did!  Dawn used the spiral punch (retired) on her sandcastle but I sold my punch AND could only use current merchandise in the swap.

Lightly adhere scallop circles to a scrap of paper to help with punching.

Off center the punch again to give the sun its fun shape.

Remove the sun from the scrap of paper.

Slip the Sahara Sand strip down the top and pull out most of it through design.  This will enable you to punch only the top.

Dimensions of the punches and shapes.

Stamps:  Bring on the Cake

Colors:  Daffodil Delight, Sahara Sand (of course!), Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue (base), and Marina Mist (of course for the water!)

Punches: Scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle, Word Window, Tag

Goodies:  Sponges, Color Spritzer, Snail

Happy stamping!
Stef


No comments:

Post a Comment