Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Card in Waiting

This is another layout that I cased from Ann Schach.  I also used the same set she did.  I bought this set a couple of months ago and hadn't used it before now.  She used a polka dot designer series paper (if I remember correctly), but I made my own by embossing some more mustard cardstock with craft white ink and some winter white embossing powder.  This uses my new background stamp, distressed dots.  It is awesome.




I tried a new color combo that I saw out in blog land--Island Indigo, More Mustard, and Old Olive.  I also tried out one of the new Finishing Touches edgelits.  And trimming around these flowers wasn't that bad at all, but I really love the paper snips that Stampin' Up sells for tasks like this.  It makes it easy-peasy.  This is a great layout; I'll probably use it again.  It doesn't yet have a greeting and I decided to leave that until I know what I need.  Hence the "card in waiting" title...

Hope you are doing well..................Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment