Saturday, August 2, 2014

An Open Heart card


Hello and happy Saturday to all of you.  Do you remember the card that my friend Suzanne sent to me during convention?  I promised my take on the card and above is what I created.  I am not sure that the hearts really go but they did tie in with the sentiment.  I will probably sponge the flowers and butterfly next time instead of the direct to paper technique.  I did have fun and that is important.  I do see the need to get that cool Hexagon Hive (pg 228 #132965) thinlit to use for stenciling; my guess is that they actually inked up the thinlit and stamped with it.  Cool, right?  Instead of stamping the butterfly I ran it through the Big Shot with the Fancy Fan folder and inked it up. 

I think that my next step is to do some research to see how folks are using the new stencils because they are hot right now and very afford-ably priced.  I love things that give lots of bang for the buck!

Happy stamping!
Stef

Stamps:
An Open Heart

Colors:
Blackberry Bliss
Hello Honey
Mossy Meadow
Tangelo Twist

Supplies:
Big Shot, of course!
Fancy Fan folder
Butterfly punch
Bojo Blossoms
Linen thread
Dimensionals
Rhinestones (tho I will probably switch to pearls once I have found them...lol)
Scissors
Heart stencil
Sponges

No comments:

Post a Comment