Saturday, April 4, 2015

Video Saturday - Watercoloring with Blender Pens

I was personally very sad to hear the news that Stampin' Up! was forced to discontinue their line of Blendabilites alcohol markers.  I just fell in love with them and had put off purchasing alcohol markers for years in hopes that SU would come out with a line.  Sigh!  I completely agree with their decision based on the information that they gave to demonstrators.  A fail rate of 20-40% in factory was unacceptable and frankly appalling for a reputable manufacturer (not sure who); tiny microscopic holes during assembling is crazy.

I digress!  Here is a fun technique with the old standby and faithful friend...the blender pen!  There are still many fun, yet easy ways to color those fantastic lemons in my favorite Sale-a-bration stamp set.  (-:  How handy that SU came out with some fabulous watercoloring videos on YouTube!

On a side note, why on earth does my spellchecker never like the words "watercoloring" or "cardstock"???  I have red squiggly lines under those words every time that I type them!  I LOVE watercoloring and cardstock!  Who doesn't?  Obviously the twit that worked on the spellchecker program was NOT into papercrafts (yet another word decorated by a red squiggly line).  There are few mysteries in life that irk me more than typing a blog post and wondering why...

Happy stamping!  I am off to create some fabulous thank you notes for my soon-to-be sister-in-law.
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment