Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New sizes for the embossing folders


As you can tell, the top folder is the new Chevron folder and the bottom folder is the old tulip edge folder.  The bottom one fit a fourth of a sheet of card stock but the top one is long enough to accommodate a longer 6" strip of card stock.  I was elated because my favorite trick is to make a 6" page as a focal point for a larger and simpler layout.  We also do a 6" page in club because it makes everyone happy.  I have a few ladies who are not fond of cards and a few ladies who are not fond of scrapbooking.  The ladies can keep the page or fold it in half to make a simple card that will fit into a regular letter envelope.

Back to the folders...I noticed that the Chevron folder has impressions that are longer than the Fancy Fan or the Houndstooth folders; the Chevron pattern is about 1/4" longer than the other patterns.  I am not quite sure why the folders are different but it seemed important enough to point out in case you are working on a certain project. It was wonderful to make my 6" page and not have to run the folder down one end of the 6" strip and again down the other side.  These new folders will make my project more simple and clean.

Overall, I am pleased with the new folders but wish that they were a smidgeon wider as well.  I heard that the size was adjusted to accommodate the sizing used in the European market (?) so we benefit as well.  I had fun playing with the new folders and can't wait to get my "paws" on the new ones in the Holiday mini; let me tell you, I can hardly wait to get that box!!!

I highly recommend the new folders; you will love them, new size and all!

Happy stamping!
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment