Monday, March 5, 2012

My Father-in-Law's Birthday Cards

I made this card last year for my father-in law.  He likes to feed the birds and the kids like to watch and help sometimes.  They have a lot of chickadees around.  There have been several different versions of a chickadee that are made with the Bird Builder punch.  (The person on whose chickadee I based mine, doesn't have a blog anymore.) 




The berries are made with 1/4" circles punched out of cherry cobbler and coated with crystal effects.  It uses the scallop circle die.  Everything else is fairly self-explanatory, I think.  If not, let me know.

Also using the Bird Builder punch and a Sale-a-Bration freebie (Language of Friendship), this is the card we will send for his birthday this year.



My father-in-law is partially color-blind.  Red and green look brown so I don't put too much of those colors on his cards.  I wanted something more than blue this year so I decided to add the Daffodil Delight.

Take care,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment